Santee Kiwanis Club
Community Service Scholarship Application
Awards Up to $1000
1. The major criterion for selection of the student to receive this scholarship is active participation in community service, especially in the city of Santee, during the student’s high school career. At least one letter of recommendation from a group (or groups) assisted must be submitted with this application. In addition a typed short (maximum one page) essay on the value of community service must also be submitted with this application.
2. Special consideration is given to those students who may not have received other scholarship awards and to students who fulfill the following qualifications:
* Seniors in good standing at West Hills or Santana High Schools, who will graduate with their class in June, 2013, or who have graduated at the conclusion of the fall academic grading period, 2012/2013 school year.
* A cumulative academic grade point average of at least 2.75 with good citizenship and effort. A copy of the student’s most recent transcript must be submitted with this application.
* Verified enrollment at an institution of higher learning (this includes vocational school, trade school, community college, or a four year college or university).
3. To apply for this scholarship, please submit the completed application to the coordinating high school counselor by Friday, May 3, 2013. Please be sure to include dates, names, addresses and phone numbers of individuals who can verify the accuracy of the information submitted. Falsification of any information will, of course, result in disqualification.
4. Awards will be presented in June, 2013, Senior Awards Night.
Don Ainsworth, Lee Wilson, Paul Finkel
SanteeKiwanis Club Scholarship Committee
Contact Don Ainsworth, firstname.lastname@example.org, 449-2427